Entity User Interface
After creating the data model and the entity service, let’s now generate user interface for entity management (list, new, edit, delete…)
- Select books.entity and open the pop-up menu.
Choose Generate -> User Interface for Entity Service.
- From the wizard, select the template List and Manage View.
- Click Next.
Select all columns from the list, or you can use the Select All button.
- On the next page, enter the name books_manage.html and click Next.
In Page Title, enter Manage Books.
- Click Finish.
The generation is triggered and you can see the result under the WebContent folder.
When you select the file, you should see the result page in the Preview view.
To discover all available web pages, you can go to the Registry.
- From the main menu, choose Window -> Show Perspective -> Registry.
- The Registry perspective represents a view to the enabled runtime content. From its menu, choose Discover -> Web to open the currently available web pages.
- You can see a list of all projects, that have at least one web page.
- Drill-down in the BookStore project folder and click on the page which is listed.
You can open the page in a new tab, by click on the icon.
Click the Edit button and input the information about the first book you want to have in your store.
Click the Save button and see the record inserted in the table above.