2020 - What a year for Eclipse Dirigible!
It has been a challenging, but in the same time an incredible year for Eclipse Dirigible in terms of progress, contribution and adoption.
2020 in numbers:
- 12 releases from 4.2 to 5.6 with 1 major 5.0
- 138 issues fixed
- 11 blog posts
- 10 new API - Content, Template Engine, Execute, Lifecycle, SOAP, Websocket, Kafka Consumer, Kafka Producer, MongoDB Client, MongoDB DAO
- 11K+ users from 143 countries for 2020
- 412 repositories in DirigibleLabs till date
Notable new features
- Packages for SAP Cloud Platfom Neo, Cloud Foundry and Kyma
- OData v2 support based on Apache Olingo
- Entity Modeler improvements - calculated properties, security roles, pattern based validation, projection entity type, extension entity type
- Form Builder based on AngularJS and Bootstrap introduced
- OpenUI5 starter pack
- JWT token and OAuth2 flow
- Terminal replaced with xterm.js
- Monaco (VSCode Editor) set as default editor
- GraalVM engine introduced and set as default
- Debug View replaced with Chrome Dev Tools
- Git functionality re-architecture
- License updated to EPL 2.0
- REUSE compliant
Conferences & Social Media
- What is Eclipse Dirigible?
- What is Low Code Development? at EclipseCon
- Pan-European Matchathon
- New videos in the channel
- Slack channel with 49 participants
- Project "XSK" - compatible environment for SAP HANA Extended Application Services (XS) based applications
Stay safe and healthy!
See you all in 2021! 🥳