Note: The feature set listed bellow contains only the major part of what is currently available. For more insights on what can be done with Eclipse Dirigible, we recommend to try it out.
- Creation of table model (JSON formatted
*.tabledescriptor) and actual creation of the corresponding database table during publishing.
- Creation of view model (JSON formatted
*.viewdescriptor) and actual creation of the corresponding database view during publishing.
- Creation of delimiter separated values (
*.replace) data files and populating the corresponding database table during publishing.
- Automatic altering of existing tables from the models on compatible changes (new columns added).
- Modeling of the database schema (
*.schema) files and creation of the tables, views, and constraints during publishing.
- Support of CommonJS based modularization of
- Support of client-side Web related artifacts, such as HTML, CSS, JS, pictures, etc.
- Support of listeners for messages from the built-in message bus (
- Support of scheduled jobs as triggers for backend services invocation (
- Support of business processes defined in BPMN 2.0 and executed by the underlying BPM process engine (
- Support of shell commands execution (
- Support of OData 2.0 (
- Support of websockets (
- Support of native mobile application development via Tabris.js.
- Creation of extension points (JSON formatted descriptor -
- Creation of extensions by a given extension point (JSON formatted descriptor -
Workbenchperspective for full support of project management (New, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Refresh, Import, Export, etc.)
Databaseperspective for RDBMS management including SQL Console
Previewview for easy testing of changes in Web, Wiki, and Scripting Services
Logsview, which provides server-side logs and traces
- Lots of template-based wizards for creating new content and services
- Import and export of project content
Documentsperspective for import of binary files for external documents and pictures
Repositoryperspective for low-level repository content management
Terminalperspective with the corresponding main view for execution of shell commands on the target instance's OS
- Modeling of database schema (
*.schema) files with Database Schema Modeler
- Modeling of entity data model (
*.model) files with Entity Data Modeler
- Modeling of BPMN process (
*.bpmn) files with BPMN Modeler
- Modeling of Web form layout (
*.form) files with Form Designer
- Role-based access management for Web services as well as the document repository
- Security constraints model (JSON formatted
- Several predefined roles, which can be used out-of-the-box (
- Publishing support - exposing the artifacts from the user's workspace publicly
- Auto-publishing support for better usability
- User interface for browsing and searching within the published content
- Separate browse user interface for Web and wiki content